Head Start Puppy Program
Your puppy’s brain develops 80% by four months of age!. The pros call it the critical period, and there is no better way to describe it!
Inspire a lifetime of love & learning by starting the socialization process early, allowing your puppy to grow into a dog that is comfortable & confident in all situations.
New parents are excited to share their baby with the people they love and, eventually, the world they know. Babies respond differently depending on their age and personality. Some are calm, others nervous or excitable and friendly.
Your new dog or puppy will be the same. The easiest time to socialize your dog is when she is little (under six months of age).
- When socializing your new dog or puppy, she will long for, look at, and follow anyone who acts calm and self-assured. Enter you!
- At home, teach your puppy words like “Watch,” “Back,” “Sit,” “Down,” and “Come,” then use these words to redirect your dog in new situations.
- Use food, Happy Talk, and toys to reward your dog’s cooperation & link strange noises, unusual sights, and unfamiliar dogs and people with happy thoughts!
HEAD START PUPPY PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Potty Training & Problem Solving
- Word Lessons
- Sleep Training
- Conditioning to Lifetime Goal, e.g. Therapy Dog